Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

92 toy PU 4wd v6 extra cab auto/ 88 5 speed 4 banger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Drivetrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supratruck88Offline

Total posts: 156
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: 92 toy PU 4wd v6 extra cab auto/ 88 5 speed 4 banger Reply with quote

I got a rolling chassy for $25 from a friend. So I was wundering what is upgradable from a 92 v6 to an 88 4 banger.
1.) Are the tortion bars and sway bars stronger? The tortion bars looked the same diameter
2.) are the rotors and calipers stronger?
3.) Noticed some kind of extra system connected to the brakes and power steering, whats that? Its on the passenger side and has 2 brake lines and 2 power steering lines

4.)And I will be taking the entire rear axle and swapping the lsd and my traction bar on to it. Not sure of the spring setup though. With my flat bed, I think I'm around 200 lbs extra. My buddy had some old ford leafs and I through one of those in and a year later there all on the load spring again. The newer ones have some life left in them. Should I combine some of the old with the new? and the v6 upper leafs are longer then mine, not a direct bolt up.
Thanks Kevin
supratruck88Offline

Total posts: 156
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tortion bars might be the same. It looks like the 92 had the nuts screwed down alot farther.
Not sure about the other things i listed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: