Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Divorced factory vs. AtlasII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Drivetrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
98rubbertacoOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Divorced factory vs. AtlasII Reply with quote

These may be dumb questions but the last part of my swap is still a toss up for me. I found the link for a plate that divorces the factory t-case, will this work on my factory tacoma t-case or is it for an older model?
Second, will a divorced factory t-case hold up to a 2jzgte or should I just buy an AtlasII 4spd?
I want to have the ability to run 2wd on the highway, but definitely don't want to be fixing broken t-case parts every time I drive my truck.
The thing is I could buy 2 engines and trannys for the price of the Atlas, but if that's my only option then it would be extremely helpful to know. Thanks for your time.
7m4runnerOffline
Total posts: 69
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the toyota t-cases are very strong Ive heard of people putting them behind bigblocks without problems. The weakest link is the input shaft and companies have upgraded these with harden shafts, but then again...You could just get a atlas and know you will never have to worry...ever
98rubbertacoOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your information. Would you happen to know any company or companies that make these input shafts? I'm willing to at least try the stock t-case before going aftermarket.
The divorce plate is $375, and the Atlas is around $3000. Also the Atlas pdf says that a 4sp for a Toyota would be a special order item, implying that the price could get even higher...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: