Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

88 7MGTE 4Runner going again, now intercooled and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeOffline

Total posts: 272
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: 88 7MGTE 4Runner going again, now intercooled and more Reply with quote

I have a few more bugs to get out, but I've been driving it for a few days now and it's great Smile What I've done recently:

3200lb pressure plate, rebuilt R150F trans

I blew the seals out of the slave cylinder after about 150 miles with the 3200lb pressure plate. My toyota dealer buddies hooked me up with a stainless braid piece of flex line to replace the rubber one, as it was stretching too much and limiting the slave cylinder travel. They also gave me a slave cylinder out of a 01 RAV4, which is slightly larger in diameter so it has a little bit less travel than the stock slave but also makes the pedal a little bit lighter.
FYI the stock NA supra pressure plate is rated at 1300lb clamp load, and the stock turbo supra one is 1800lb. When running high clamp load pressure plate like this you have to start the engine using the clutch start cancel switch or else the thrust lobes on the crank will wear and you get crank walk.

Upgraded turbo:

intercooler

IC mounts welded in place:

IC pipes painted:

All installed:

Here's what she's looking like right now:

I'll mount the winch solenoid under the hood and then I can raise the bumper up to meet with the grill. For the center section of the grill I'll either modify the stock piece or make something out of mesh.

I also had a custom power steering line made, which is really nice, and I welded in a flange set so that I can remove my downpipe. Also, it turns out that the G/W series tranny crossmember fits perfectly with the amount that I moved my transmission back, so I installed one of those and got rid of R150 one that I welded the extension plate on.

I have a lexus MAF housing and 550cc high impedence injectors out of an RX7 that I installed, but it ran like crap so I took them out. I'll send the injectors out tomorrow and hopefully it will be possible for them to be fixed.

Right now fuel cut comes in at 13psi, but holy crap does it pull hard Smile Once I put the lexus housing and 550's in, I'll set the boost at 16 psi.
supratruck88Offline

Total posts: 156
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job, looks great, great info!!
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work. Looks great. Can't wait till you get those 550's in. Someone has yet to get those in. Just don't go breakin stuff
supratruck88Offline

Total posts: 156
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't need a grill that looks cool like that. Hows that new tranny feel compared to the old 1? and did you run your 1/4 mile times yet?
ZrodOffline
Total posts: 43
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: turbo Reply with quote

Looks good! I really like the looks of the turbo upgrade. What size compressor wheel was installed? Anything done to the exhaust side?

Rod
MikeOffline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supratruck88 wrote:
you don't need a grill that looks cool like that. Hows that new tranny feel compared to the old 1? and did you run your 1/4 mile times yet?

Yeah I might only enough of the stock center section of the grill to cover the IC end tanks and leave the fins as a grill. The tranny feels alot like it did before the rebuild, but it is much quieter now Smile No new quarter mile times yet, I'll post em up when I get em.

The turbo has a 60 series compressor, 60-1 I believe, with no clipping on the exhaust side.

It's way too much fun to drive - I already deserve more speeding tickets than I can count Smile
pete_the_meatOffline
Total posts: 68
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mike you worried about rocks hitting your intercooler?looks sweet though,love your work.
MikeOffline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those intercooler core tubes are really delicate, so I should put something there in front. Maybe some honeycomb shaped mesh or something, and tie it into the outer sections of the grill that go around the headlights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: