Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st Gen Celica, Corona, Corolla

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGLeftyOffline
Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: 1st Gen Celica, Corona, Corolla Reply with quote

I have a 76 Corona...

I was wondering if any one has ever done a 7mgte swap in a first gen celica, Corona, or Corolla.

I would like to see how fast one of those would be....

if you guys have links it would be great..

Thanks Chase.

This is my ride... I would love to do a 7m or 1jz
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282309
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember seeing a picture of this...sweet swap. So, the question remains...are you going to do it?
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, by the way...cool looking car, and uhm...do something about that spoiler. Laughing
TGLeftyOffline
Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: The Swap... Reply with quote

Well the thing is .... I have to choose a project... I also have my 89 4runner with a smoked....v6....
I am triing to decide on weather to put a 5.0 injected Ford in the Runner....I just happen to have one lying around...or spend the money on a Japaneese clip "$1,500.00" with the 1jz and 5spd for the Corona and swapping the 20/22r from the Corona to the Runner....

I would like the power of the Ford, but the "R" motor only has about 4k miles on it... and it runs plenty hard... the runner has 4.10 gears 34"swampers....so I think the "R" would be enough to have fun... I just won't be doing alot of towing with it....

As for the Spoiler on the Corona......I guess your right .... I need a bigger one.....and a big "BRAPPP" can out the back.... my 2.5" Flowmaster isn't loud enough at 105db....lol
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4runner would be more of a versitle swap...definatly going to be able to do more stuff...not to mention probably eaiser to do the swap. The corona would be a wicked fast car, and just be fun to drive around. Either way you go, be prepared for a fun project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: