Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

85' 4runner radiator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Cooling - Radiator and Intercooler ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPMNICKOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: 85' 4runner radiator Reply with quote

so what has been the best radiator options for the 85 4runner 7mge swap, got a custom quote for 300-375. are there any pre-made ones besides the Downey, thanks.
4RnrRickOffline

Total posts: 243
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a '88 truck/'88-89 4runner V6 radiator in my 85 4runner with a 7M-GE.....Works "pretty good" with a 14" electric fan and a 180 degree thermostat. Its not perfect but it works most of the time just fine.

http://www.supracharged.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=298
RPMNICKOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: thanks for the idea Reply with quote

I purchased a v6 radiator from a local shop. had them move the inlet and outlet. I also had them desolder the mounting rails and push the radiator out towards the front. Gained about 1/2" of clearence.
AdamOffline
Total posts: 42
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to plan that part of my swap too - and will probably just copy Rick rather than re-inventing the wheel.

What I want to avoid is being 500km away from home - sorry...312.5 miles Smile - in some small town while I'm on a wheelin or fishing trip, putting a tree through my funky custom 1-of-a-kind radiator, and being totally SOL for a replacement.

At least if its some readily available rad for some stock application I will be able to get another...hopefully right off the shelf.
7m4runnerOffline
Total posts: 69
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used the stock supra radiator, I never had a problem overheating, i was also using dual flex-a-lite fans, why am i the only one to use the stock supra radiator without a problem Rolling Eyes

im doing a 7mgte now and i still plan on unsing the stock radiator...hope there isnt a problem
AdamOffline
Total posts: 42
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running my 7M-GE for 6 months now, using the V6 truck radiator. I'm also using a 180 degree thermostat and single Flex-a-lite fan on the front.

For normal city driving, idling in traffic, driving the piss out of it, etc, my water temp sits at a constant 180-190.

This weekend it was about 100F and I was on a trip up the Coquihalla highway, which has some long steep sections. My temp was around 195 most of the time on the flat sections and gentle hills, and did rise just over 200 a couple of times. I was also hitting that when I was on the 4x4 road which was a slow, steady climb at about 3000rpm.

I think things would be better if I was feeding my engine cold air instead of the cone filter right above the exhaust manifold like I have now.

Anyone ever used an intercooler on an NA?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Cooling - Radiator and Intercooler ideas All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: