Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting intercooler idea -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Cooling - Radiator and Intercooler ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4runnergt4Offline
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Interesting intercooler idea - Reply with quote

I have a 90 celica GT4 - and we rally a 02 wrx- so i know the problems of a top mount intercooler .

a front mount IC is always better... but on a 4wheeler - a water / air ic is actually the best option....

I think I may get a Water IC off a 88-89 celica and mount it up on the hood of the 4runner - then vent the hood at the window edge - to help the heat out -

here are a few pics of my thought process...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v715/AlltracKnight/4runners/Intercooler%20options/?start=#imgAnch1

86 22re 4runner - sold
88 v6 4runner - sold
90 Celica alltrac - she will be missed
92 7mgte 4runner project - OME FJ80 / Procomp 4" lift, 33mtrs
06 AWD Matrix - wifes daily driver
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the air/air top mount IC, there just isn't enough room for airflow.

But, the air/water IC's from like a celica are great. They are actually pretty effecient if you give the IC its own radiator. An extra radiator will be hard to fit, but not near as hard as a front mount IC. You can get a really thin small radiator and mount it somehwere, allthough I do reccomend a electric fan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Cooling - Radiator and Intercooler ideas All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: