Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USING A 6M-GE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Drivetrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superstaraiOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: USING A 6M-GE Reply with quote

Hello everyone on this board. I been thinking and really wanting to use a 6M-GE engine in my 85 yota that is mostly stock.
The current engine is the 22re and the transmission is the stock automatic. I belive it is the A340H. Anyways i really want to do this swap but consdiring i just replaced the 22re with new one about a couple of years ago doesnt seem realistic to replace the engine again. Oh well i need this thing modified to heck as i will be using it for the mountains and the rocks.
So what do u think about using a 6M-GE?
I will probally i have to switch the trans out for a manual and etc.
BUt i think it will be worth it to start working on the drivetrain right away intsead of wasting money on lifts, non use accesciors ya know. I think the drivetrain is the most important part.
So help me if u can?
thanks.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome

where you getting a 6MGE from? I think a 6MGE would be pretty good, much better than a 5MGE.

If you wheel a lot, then an auto might be better, just have to have a good tranny cooler to go with it.
superstaraiOffline
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea where to get one yet.
I was just thinking of instead of wasting money on develping an 22re. I just think it would be better and more fun while still using Toyota stuff.
Well i have no idea what tranny to use i wanna go manual becasue i hate autos i never had any trouble with them, but i want manual. I am going to be using it on the rockcrawling, mudding, mountains i guess everywhere expect for the street ya know, only a trail truck.
Well thanks for getting back to me.
Maybe an R151F will work am not sure what to use on that part i mean i already researched some of it but not sure whats best ya know maybe an R150 but then i would have to buy more stuff. I just have to get the money saved to do something with my toy once again.
Peace
swankOffline
Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you already have the engine, a 7MGE with a W56 would be your best choice as the engines are more readily available, cheaper, more powerful, and don't have to be shipped over from Japan.
superstaraiOffline
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: yea well Reply with quote

i like the thought of running a 6MGE over the 7MGE becasue it is different and not heard of plus it will be distincit and my personal toy rather than a popularity contest. i wanna be different thats all. i dont mind if i have to ship from Japan. my toy is going to best it can along with being diffrerent and distinct from other toys out there in the trailing world.
swankOffline
Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to contact Aaron at RabidChimp.com:

http://www.rabidchimp.com/mk2sup_rcp_6mge.htm

6M's are a common swap for mk2 supras
superstaraiOffline
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for all your help, and the site, it did help a liltle bit on where to get one. i will have to reseach it more or do look for it more some where else too. still not sure if i wanna do it or not yet, just thinking about things or how to impove stuff.
thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: