Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no start! HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OverbearOffline
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: no start! HELP Reply with quote

ok,

Im at wits end. The runner spins over, but wont start. Now, ive gone thru checking all the wireing, ive checked all the fuzes(yea first thing I did). Howver even with a little shot of ether it wont catch or even hicup SO, it leads me to believe it spark.

However, I know next to ZIP about the spark/distrution system on a 7mgte, so, what would I look at, what should I check. I will say it ran like a top 2 weeks ago, shut it down, went out today....nothing just *spin spin spin spin*
dcross405Offline
Total posts: 11
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the starter pinning only or is the engine turning over? If it's only the starter spinning thn the bendix in the starter could be bad. I would check there if you haven't already.
OverbearOffline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, no I should have made that clear.

The motor is turning over, but never catching. Even with a shot of ether down the throat it doesnt even hicup or try so I am thinking it has to be the ignition system. The problem is....where to start? I know next to nothing about distrubterless ignition systems.
dcross405Offline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that much about them either but try checking your coil pack and your plug wires. If the coil goes bad then there is no chance to get spark.
OverbearOffline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! I found the problem.

Turns out there was a crack in the distrubution cam houseing. That alowed some oil in and *snap* no start. I opend her up, blew it out with caned air, cleaned everything out, and she started right up!.

Problem is now I have to find a new cover for it, and a new seal.
dcross405Offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's good that you found it but atleast that will be a lot less money than it could have been with electrical problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: