Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transmission problem I think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacklightnin55Offline
Total posts: 16
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Transmission problem I think? Reply with quote

I'm doing the 7MGTE swap into 1990 Ext-cab 2WD. Engine has been installed in truck about 6 months now. Last week I finally got around to installing the drive shaft. After do so I installed the shift lever and to my surprise, I could not get the @&%! thing out of gear. I am using a 7MGE belhousing and a 1994 pickup tranny (W58 I think). I did have a little problem when mating the transmission to engine. Did not slid in smoothly. But nothing I though would cause a problem. I have not connected and bled the clutch yet. Waiting on fitting to run steel braided clutch line. I'm hoping that once that is done, I will be able to push in on the clutch pedal and hopefully get it out of gear. Any suggestion.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only thing I can think of, is that possibly the snap ring on the input bearing came off and the input shaft got jamed back while installing.

Could you shift before you installed?

Sorry for the delay on the response.
blacklightnin55Offline
Total posts: 16
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RATHER THAN MESS WITH THAT TRANNY, I HAVE PURCHASED A W58 FROM A SUPRA. AT LEAST WITH THIS ONE THE GEARING WILL BE BETTER SUITED FOR MY TYPE OF DRIVING..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: