Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intercooler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Cooling - Radiator and Intercooler ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeOffline

Total posts: 272
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Intercooler Reply with quote

So I am getting ready to put in an intercooler, and I am wondering if anyone knows of a good resource on intercooler design as far as the diameter of the tung to use and the angle of the necks on the IC. Aside from any new info I will run 2.5" tubing.

Also, I really hate to run the nicely cooled intake charge right back over the top of the engine before it gets to the intake manifold. I don't know if I want to get into making a custom manifold, but it would be cool. The other option is to insulate it somehow. I have heard of ceramic coatings and of wraps available, has anyone used any of these things? I want to shield the IC outlet pipe all the way to the throttle body.
Thanks
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be making my own front load intake. If they are easy enough, I could make a bunch of them and sell them for much cheaper than other poeple.
MikeOffline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops I guess this should have been in the cooling section.

Yeah it would be great if you want to make custom intakes. I was thinking of trying to modify the stock intake and mount the tb on the opposite side of the manifold from where it is now, but I don't know for sure.

Anyone have any experience insulating the intake piping, what works and what doesn't?
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, how is this going?
MikeOffline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, well I am waiting on parts for my 86 project which I want to complete before starting on the IC, tranny rebuild, turbo upgrade on the 88. And since school started last week my time has become much more scarce, so it might be a while. The garage at my apartment has a dirt floor which I layed some boards on and the 'driveway' is gravel, so I have a pretty sucky place to work on things which doesn't help my motivation. Anyway I'll post something when I do something. A front load intake is sounding really nice at the moment....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Cooling - Radiator and Intercooler ideas All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: