Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 1st 7MGTE Swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UNBREAKABLEOffline
Total posts: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: My 1st 7MGTE Swap Reply with quote

I am in the process of swaping in a 7M into my 92 Toyota X-Cab(or what's left of it Wink ) The engine I have was a 7MGE out of a 91' Toyota Cressida(picked and pulled it out of a local backwoods junkyard for $350 included entire harness, car harness and all, fuel pump, even got the power antenna). Then found all the turbo stuff inc. ECU, intercooler,bellhousing from a very cool Asian kid in Hickory,NC 'bout 25 min from house for $310. I have found this site very helpful for the swap. Here is a thread of what I'm workin with, it's from Marlin Crawler. I need to update quite a few things on there about my building plans
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6544.0
JMG4runnerOffline

Total posts: 180
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, another NC swap. if you ever come to the RDU area or whenever i go to tellico we should get together.
supratruck88Offline

Total posts: 156
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice man, keep us updated.
UNBREAKABLEOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could somebody take some pics of the connectors I need to modify, please. I'm pretty good at this stuff but, I don't want to screw this up. Thanks.

BTW I'm 15 min off the interstate on the way to tellico

Oh, 1 more thing what kind of tranny do you guys recommend. I have 5 trannys here inc, w56c, r150f, a340H, and a few others
JMG4runnerOffline

Total posts: 180
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by connectors you are referring to the wiring harness? theres a really good write up in the tech section on the main supracharged site, left hand side column at the top. This is what i used and it was a lifesaver. There are very few wires you have to touch to get the motor to run, the rest are for some of the gauges like oil pressure etc. took me around 3 hours of soldering and such and i was completely lost when i started. Rob did a great job of laying the wiring out in terms non-electrical people can understand. Theres also some tranny selection info as well.
UNBREAKABLEOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I found that. I've got a V-6 harness that I swapped in a while back b/c I had it laying around and need a new harness and apparently another challenge, so I've been looking at that section alot. I would like the pics of the connectors that I need to modify. Also, which underhood relay/fuse block do I use? The 7m or the 3z?
4RnrRickOffline

Total posts: 243
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen you reuse your original fuse box (92 xtra cab) and you don't need to swap the whole fuse box out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: