Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbo or non- turbo bellhousing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Drivetrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr85yotabeastOffline
Total posts: 80
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Turbo or non- turbo bellhousing? Reply with quote

I need a bellhousing for a manual tranny, for my 7mgte(turbo). I can get a non-turbo bellhousing. Can I make this work? So far- nobody in phoenix or elsewhere has the bellhousing for the turbo. What will it take to make it work?
MikeOffline

Total posts: 272
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your truck has a G or W series transmission (which is all that was stock that year I believe), then yes, you want the N/A bellhousing - the turbo one won't bolt up. The bolt pattern on the engine side is the same for the 7mgte and the 7mge, because the block is the same. It's the length and the trans side bolt pattern that changes, among other things.
jr85yotabeastOffline
Total posts: 80
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: bellhousing Reply with quote

/sweet, That's what I needed to hear. I believe that my truck has a w56 tranny. Here I was looking all over for a bellhousing off a turbo- when I had the one I needed available.......On with the project!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: