Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

87' ext. cab 4*4-7mge
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SchrickerOffline
Total posts: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: 87' ext. cab 4*4-7mge Reply with quote

well i've been checking out this site over the last year or so and I finally decided to register. basically I bought a 87' supra (non-turbo) back in april and bought the truck a white 87' ext.cab 4*4 all stock and not rapped in september, so far the motor is in modified the oil pan to clear the diff all wired up, friend at meineke did the exhaust-2 1/4" straight back and i was done so i thought now i have the same problem that others had no spark tested everything, grounds, droped in a different ignitor and coil from same year supra nope now i patiently waiting for my ecm cause i think my is done as i read on this site about superrunner saying. i dont think i would have done this swap without 4RnrRicks write up its been a huge help.

Last edited by Schricker on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
4RnrRickOffline

Total posts: 243
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome.....

BTW my 7M flys up those hills going to TSF (browns camp).... Its so much fun compared to the 4 banger on those types of hills.
SchrickerOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: no spark Reply with quote

i finally got my ecu plugged it in and still nothing now im confused, it cranks over the fuel pump kicks on like it should(signal from afm) none of my gauges are hooked up yet or my speed sensor and diagnois, tach but I did get my v6 gauge cluster about 2 days ago i will install that this weekend. on the c1 connector the black/ orange wire this is for turbo only correct cause I dont have this wire connected, also I have a ground strap from the block to the chassie, cyc to firewall etc. about 3 months ago I disassembled the motor to replace the head gasket and the head bolts and also bought a different bottom end from a friend cause the original block had a huge crack across 3 cyclinders is there a crank angle senor i forgot to hook up. well thanks to all for the help.
kfeistOffline
Total posts: 13
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if im not mistaken the ignition coil/igniter unit needs to be grounded through its mounts, i was having the same problem and was not getting spark until grounding it out.
SchrickerOffline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, basically i think i found out what i did wrong i started rushing on the wiring i read robs wiring a couple of times but left out the black/blue wire for the start signal for the ecu and the white/red wire in the truck harness that i was supposed to tap into the supras b1 conn. with the black/red wire but i haven't connected them yet to see if the motor will fire up. honestly when rob did the first swap im still amazed what he did, anyways i need to get into gear and finish this project up since i spent this last month or so waiting on parts (ecu,coil) cause i thought this was why it wasnt starting, just need to get a battery this weekend also im having trouble posting pictures. thanks
SchrickerOffline
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow it finally runs i still have a lot of bugs to work out though. but all in all its fun to drive, one of the biggest problems i had was my timing the intake valve was half open at tdc , i have my fuel pump hook up to a switch but everything should be done by next week, well just wont to thank rob and rick and everyone else post for all the help
supratruck88Offline

Total posts: 156
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, Your goin to like all that extra power, try again and post us up a few pics, you did the swap i know you can post a pic. LOL
Paul ElbisserOffline
Total posts: 69
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 87 I just used the stock fuel pump wireing. Hook the green wire from the old MAF to the new one. This will keep the pump on as lomng as there is airflow. If te truck stalls or worse and accident the fuel needs to cut off.
SchrickerOffline
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was exactlty what i did but then the truck would start and run for 2 seconds then die so i just hooked it up to a switch for now, i also still need to get a power steering return line none of the autoparts store in my area has the 4ft of the size i need for now, i also still have to make a mount for the supra radiator since i was trying to do what 4RnrRick did with the stock 22re radiator but i dont have a body lift so that didnt work out with the upper radiator hose, and for some strang reason my heater doesn't work but its full of radiator fluid maybe a air pocket or the heater hose are on backwards, then i still have to get rid of the canopy, put some meats under it cause i have some bald rain tires on it i hooked my electric fan relay up friday. and just cleaning things up since im trying to make it look factory. i'll keep updated
SchrickerOffline
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all right canopy is gone, heater works, and powersteering works now, today i finally took a day off work and this truck passed deq with flying colors first time through and i only drove it around for 10 miles with the memory wire connected before going since i had the battery disconnected and it was idling so rough to, so after that i drove it around and put 120 miles on the swap now, i had it up to 85 on the highway and it just keeped pulling pretty nicely, now it idles smooth and its just a fun truck to drive now.
SchrickerOffline
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep still no pics, but i installed some bilstein shocks, and this saturday some bfg all-terrains, i have a once in a while rear heater hose leak need to pull motor forward and replace the stock toyota hose clamp with a better hose clamp, i guess i can say i raced a bimmer 328i it was neck and neck wondering what he thought when a old truck was running with him, i almost have a thousand miles on the swap now still doing great, Very Happy well later
kfeistOffline
Total posts: 13
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any luck with the fuel pump? I had to jump mine as well because the afm wasnt doing its job tripping the relay.

Or are you still hardwired with a switch?
SchrickerOffline
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still wired to a switch, everything appears to be going great still, i keep having second thoughts though about how cool it would've been to go turbo but im happy with the swap, i need to post pics but never done that before or know how, thanks
aweberOffline
Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schricker wrote:
this was exactlty what i did but then the truck would start and run for 2 seconds then die so i just hooked it up to a switch for now, i also still need to get a power steering return line none of the autoparts store in my area has the 4ft of the size i need for now, i also still have to make a mount for the supra radiator since i was trying to do what 4RnrRick did with the stock 22re radiator but i dont have a body lift so that didnt work out with the upper radiator hose, and for some strang reason my heater doesn't work but its full of radiator fluid maybe a air pocket or the heater hose are on backwards, then i still have to get rid of the canopy, put some meats under it cause i have some bald rain tires on it i hooked my electric fan relay up friday. and just cleaning things up since im trying to make it look factory. i'll keep updated

For the fuel pump, there is also a ground on the MAF you have to hook up or the relay will not work.. I have mine hooked up this way and it works fine. I think a switch is too dangerous...

See here under B3 Connector:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4810729&postcount=39
SchrickerOffline
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i guess im just doing a quick follow up of my truck basically i have offically blown every heater hose on this truck one after another so just get new hoses before droping in the motor it will save the grief down the road and for the truck being stock with 31's it does bad ass off roading for having ifs i dont know its just the perfect all around daily driver/ fun work truck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: