Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooling Fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacklightnin55Offline
Total posts: 16
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Cooling Fans Reply with quote

I am just about ready to drop my 7MGTE to my 1990 (4x2) ext. cab truck. In the process of ordering the last of the major items needed for the swap. I called FLEX-A-LITE electric fan company yesterday to get advice on which fan would be the best choice for this swap and they recommended the model FLX 230 (pusher fan) which is a dual 12" unit with an adjustable thermostatic control. The techinian only concern is on hot days the fan unit may not be able to supply enough air to the rear area of the engine to help/aid in cooling it down. He stated that if I could run a puller unit I would be a lot better off. My question to you is, which fan units are you all running? And how have they worked for you?
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puller are definatly better, but if you don't have room, than you have to work with what you got. My experience with cooling is....go aftermarket aluminum. The cooling capacity vs stock are incredible. I drove around a swap that I did for a week without any fans, I could even stop at a light and keep it running. Outside temp around 75 degrees. Stocker couldn't do that on a 40 degree day. That is a good set of fans though, I would get those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: